Tuesday 15 April 2014

Creative Practice - 'Inter hominem et equum'

I am currently working on my second year creative practice brief.
During the next few months I will be looking at 'Inter hominem et equum' which means the relationship between man and horse, one of the oldest relationships between man and beast, of all living creatures this relationship is one of the closest and most versatile. Without man and horse working alongside each other for centuries' the evolution of man would have been much slower. Man's dependence of horses was paramount and one of the major building blocks as we know society today. 
As part of my brief I will be investigating how man and horse has helped to sculpture the land and the importance horse has had in changing landscapes.

Turner and Christopher le Brun will be my main inspiration for this brief. To do my research I am photographing my own horses and equine events. Using a range of mediums I will capture the spirit and energy of the horse, whilst expressing their emotions.






No comments:

Post a Comment